Pages

Send me some Love

made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou
29 July, 2012

Hello Gluten Free

Wow bloggers worst nightmare! My Internet was a goner! Seriously didn't realize how dependent Dave & I are on Internet how sad is that! I did get extra snuggles the whole week though maybe I should break the Internet more often! Well now I'm back I have a couple of recipes to share! Recently I've learned that I am gluten intolerant and boy it's like learning how to cook all over again... I had to say goodbye to my favourite things BREAD, CAKES, BANANA BREAD and CUPCAKES yep I thought my life was over!! As my Dad says we could just live in France and eat bread all day & he could drink the wine :( so bread goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me!

On a good note though I have lost 5kgs I am holding chiropractic responsible as when I walked in that first day I was 5kgs heavier on one side and now my hips are even hooray! My sister has lost 10kg so I'm halfway catching upto her, she does have a secret weapon though... MUM she is the face of tough love you say your tired and she grabs your arm and makes you go even harder I swear to god in another life she was a personal trainer, a weightloss guru! We are pretty lucky!

Here are a few of my gluten free recipes I've stumbled upon on the internet and if anyone has any good ones feel free to send me an email or maybe some tips! I'd love to hear from you!!!

Mexican Chic

40ml vegetable oil
500kg chicken mince
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chilli powder (make sure it's powder not flakes)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can red kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes

1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add 1/3 of the mince and cook. Repeat in 2 batches, transfer to a large bowl.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the saucepan add the onion, garlic and capsicum and cook. Stirring for 4mins or until onion is soft. Add chilli, oregano, cumin and coriander and cook stirring for 1min.
3. Stir in the mince, tomato paste, kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to med-low. Cook, stirring occasionally for 20mins season with salt and pepper. You can double the recipe and freeze half as well.
Bon Appetit!
(recipe from www.taste.com.au)



Banana & Rasberry Loaf
Makes 2 loafs
250g nuttelex spread
2 tsp vanilla Essence
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups of gluten free SRF
1 cup soy flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tsp xanthan gum
2 cups mashed banana
1 cup frozen raspberries

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, grease 2 loaf tins.
2. Using an electric mixer, mix vanilla & sugar until light & fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Sift flours, bicarbonate soda and gum into a bowl. Add half the mix at a time stir to combine, fold in raspberries.
3. Bake for 1hr and then transfer to a cooling rack.
(www.taste.com.au)

That's all the recipes for now...



0 comments: